agbannawag

Agbannawag, panagbanatabat iti daya, panagtataraok dagiti manok.

Google

Sunday, August 14, 2005

This is how I scattered the words on the waters, Imnas

(An approximate English version)

This is how I scattered the words in the waters, Imnas:
I am a muddy, thorny, burnt, wounded flesh,
A water-fly licked by the light
Drowned by the water it drunk, thrashing
To wash the earth
With voices.

I had tailed the dawn, twelve years in tow
I flailed its silence, its feelings- crowing with cries, laughter
I robbed it with the images of dark and light
Maps owned by poets, travelers of the daylight
I walked on the thorny places of voices
Those who had buried their voice
Whose love is knifed in the sunlight
I bartered for truth sold by the grasses
Which uncovered the passing humanity
Which stole the proverbs of the bonfire
I carried the lips of the flame; poems, words, speeches
That wringed dry the black waters
That soaked the wings
Of the green tree dove.

I tell you:
There is a lake of baliang which stares at the sun
With their flowers. I climbed the swaying bough of learning
Overhanging its sparkling cheeks
I stood on the fingernail of thirst, of hunger
Here is the seed-vessel upheld on the emptiness of the wind
I scattered the milky way on the palm of the waters, I sing, I speak
Tattered are the tunes twined by my poverty
Atop my borrowed dreams, but I saw!
I saw there the tongue of the heaven, the index finger of time
I saw there the skies writing
Contrails of flame which I could not comprehend!
The water-fly raced on the forehead of the imagery gaping
The mudfish sucked the air, the air of my breath
The clouds are lulled; the gulls descended
To contest the smile of the firmanent
But silence descended veiled with the poison of the world
The gust invades screaming with sin
They wrestled with me, in my weakness, in my wounds, on the water
And I slit their throat
On the edge of the baliang.

So you understand now, Imnas
Why I am frustrate, wounded, on the margin, passed by sunlight
Laughed by the lawlawigan which revels in death
I am figuring out the hands of heavens that write similes
I listen to the poem of the petal of the sun, the hate
Of the gasping sand.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm, ania met dayta a patalastasen ti kulkuding,hehehe!

    ne, ket mayat toy daniw-inglesmo, joel... mayat man dagitoy daniwmo...ala, itiram latta garud!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger RVA said…

    apo, ta sumangkamayat a talaga! naal-alamon, gayyem ni pagrukbabantay' a pablo! makadandaniwenak met no kastoy laeng. isuna laeng ta diak mayeddek piman 'tay ulo-ulo ti agsikal a daniw. rayters blak sa manen?

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger bannanhs said…

    thank you, wen ngarud kaka jim, napanna met binuttuonan iti salestalk.

    agyamanak, gayyem roy, adu pay ti sursuruek ken apo neruda. ala, padasen latta ti kumur-it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home